National Mentoring Day
Updated: Mar 14
Today, October 27, is National Mentoring Day, a day created by the award-winning business mentor and champion of GLAM, Chelsey Baker. With the mission to help encourage and celebrate mentoring in all its forms, GLAM is joining the celebration of National Mentoring Day with a call to action.
We Need You
In September 2020, we announced that GLAM was joining the Decade of Action to support the delivery of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development. Together with our partners and friends of GLAM, we are committed to reaching and empowering 1 million girls and showcasing 1,000 women in STEM by 2030. Will you be one of the 1,000 women?
Here’s how you can get involved and make a pledge on National Mentoring Day to support and inspire the trailblazers of tomorrow with GLAM:
1. If you are a woman over the age of 18 and working within Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), why not sign-up to be a Superpower Role Model? In the coming months, we will be launching new content for girls aged 8-12 with the aim of helping them understand the wealth of career opportunities that exist within STEM. And we need women like you to share insights with the girls from what you studied, what you do, and, of course, what your superpower is! We’re aiming to take our Superpower Role Models live in December, so sign-up by emailing now and help us inspire more girls around the world!
2. We’re excited to be taking our award-winning program – which is normally delivered in person and over two fun-fueled days – virtual! We’re working with our founding partners Arm and HatchBeauty Brands to deliver the pilot virtual GLAM in January 2021. GLAMSquad Mentors – we’re looking for women in STEM to help us respond to questions raised by girls during the 90-minute broadcasts. We will also need mentors to support the girls on a one-to-one level, providing advice on how to create their business ideas, plans, and pitches! If you’re interested and would like to find out more, reach out to GLAM Squad, and she will send you more details!
Our mission at GLAM is a simple one: To equip girls across the globe with the skills and confidence to seek leadership roles, feel the power within their voice, and create positive change in the world. We're 100% focused on taking our award-winning program virtual, as well as increasing our online presence and content offerings for girls.
In addition to joining our #GLAMSquad, you can also help by:
· Donating funds – We’re always grateful for funding as we are committed to offering GLAM for free. Giving feels good! Donate here.
· Partnering with us – We love collaborating and have some great partnership opportunities! To learn more, connect with Ali for a chat.
· Getting social and sharing our story - By following, liking, and engaging with GLAM on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
#OneMillionGirlsBy2030 #1000WomenInSTEM #GLAMReadytoLead